We are looking for people who:
Are enthusiastic and willing to learn
Can commit to volunteering for 16 hours a month for at least 6 months
Want to make Netherthorpe, Upperthorpe and Langsett a healthier neighbourhood
What kind of work would a Health Champion do?
- Promoting health messages among local people, groups and organisations.
- Working alongside Zest staff on local health initiatives.
- Helping promote healthy eating messages through Cook and Eat sessions.
- Buddying and peer support to help people become more physically active.
What will Health Champions get out of it?
- Useful skills, knowledge and experience.
- Free training, including qualifications.
- At least 6 months' work experience with a reference at the end.
- Working as part of a team.
- Opportunities to share ideas with others.
- A voice in planning future health work in Sheffield, through a Network of Health Champions.
- The chance to make a difference to the health of people in your local community.
To find out more please contact:
Zest, 54-56 Upperthorpe Road, Sheffield, S6 3EB
Tel: (0114) 2011490 or 07805 842362